Please note we run competitions quarterly, changing the theme or genre each time. Click on green button below and discover our current competition.
Mardibooks writing competitions 2014.
Mardibooks has teamed up with IdeasTap – a major arts charity to provide a fabulous opportunity to new talent. Four competition briefs will run in different genres during the year. Each brief has specific dates. Follow the links to IdeasTap to see which competition you can enter now.
Have you got what it takes to be a Mardiwriter?
An original idea? The will to pen it? The desire to publish it?
Winners will receive full support free from the Mardiwriters’ team, and their books will be released in the second half of 2014.
Here’s how it works
You enter the writing competitions FREE and we select the top entries from each genre – short stories, stories for children, poetry. The winning entries will be compiled into a series of ebook anthologies and released at the end of the year on Amazon Kindle
All winners will receive an ebook publishing contract with mardibooks, with the opportunity to go also into hard copy print.
They will become part of the Mardibooks writers’ collective and benefit from advice, support, editing, publishing, networking and the spread, cover and protection of the Mardibooks name.
Five of our writers are already in hard print within one year of joining us and are selling their books across the web, via Amazon and other major retailers and independent booksellers.
- For short stories – we are looking for submissions of 5000 words.
- For poems – 500 words max.
- You are free to choose your titles and subject matter but please identify your target audience and age group.
How to enter
- Go to IdeasTap our writing competition partner and submit your entry along with your contact details, your age and submission.
- You may submit more than one entry.
- All entries will be given due consideration and winners notified via this website and via email within 60 days.
- Your work should be entirely your own. Submissions welcomed from all ages, please ensure all entries from under 18s are accompanied by parental/guardian agreement to term and conditions.
- In submitting your work you agree that it is entirely your own and free from any limitations to be published by Mardibooks without restriction; and to be used for publicity purposes by Mardibooks.
- Copyright for your work remains with you as does all liability for content. You guarantee that the work is free from any copyright restrictions and that you have obtained any and all appropriate required licences and permissions for third party material.
- In submitting you application, you agree to the terms and conditions of the writing competition, above.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Queries can be emailed to us: email@example.com – please indicate in subject header ‘Writing Competition 2014′.
So what are you waiting for?