Writing workshops are quite common these days so why haven’t you taken the plunge..?
Here’s why you should, and why you should choose ours…
- Writer’s block? Seeking inspiration? …Or just needing head space?
- Revive your writing, your focus and your spiritual and physical wellbeing.
- Great writing comes from great observation, objectivity and perseverance in getting the detail right.
- The setting for your writing and creativity is as important as the outpourings of your pen. Key to this is establishing not just the plot, characters and narrative, but appreciating that the nuances from your inner moods will affect the tone of your work dramatically…whether you are aware of this or not…
- Giving yourself the opportunity to refresh your skills as much as your perspective, to try out different ideas and writing styles within a friendly, supportive and discursive environment where positive critique will enable you to hone your stories as well as your style.
- Working with experienced published authors, specialists in writing technique, creative writing, editing, publishing and promoting your work
- Meeting new people and sharing new ideas and perspectives will refresh your viewpoints and add objectivity to your pen sketches.
- The location we have chosen is idyllic… set in central Lanzarote, less than 20 minutes from the sea, the airport, the local markets. The ‘House on the Hill’ is a beautiful boutique retreat on the outskirts of a small town on the hillside in the wine growing region and the volcanic fields, close to the homes of artist Cesar Manriques (who worked closely with Picasso, Matisse, Moore, Dali among others and whose creativity impacts the architecture and the atmosphere across the island.
- Your local hosts will provide a sanctuary for your body, with beautifully created retreat spaces for workshops and private writing, with yoga and messages and wonderful local fayre whilst your writing workshop hosts will fill your cerebral and spiritual needs with writing and art workshops to engage your creativity on new levels and support your writing projects. Trips will be arranged for desired activities such as surfing, snorkelling, wine tasting, local markets, camel rides up the volcano, visiting the cactus gardens, the magical caves and the Cesar Manrique’s House and Gallery among other delights.
- You will be given the opportunity at the end of the 10 days to discuss, in depth, your writing and future direction with experienced editors and publishing team and look at next steps to getting a contract and publishing a quality and professionally produced work that will springboard your writing into the public domain.
…so what are you waiting for?
The trip is run by Magical Journeys’ Claire Steele, who is also a Mardibooks Director and will be supported by Mardiwriter and Professional Artist and Photographer, Bet Rawson and Mardibooks Director and Writer, Belinda Hunt.
The retreat is taking place 1st to 11th November 2018 in Uga, Lanzarote and booking details are available through Claire Steele at:
Checkout mardibooks at
We are a supportive writers’ network, working to help writers share, publish and connect.
Leave a Reply